Saturday, January 29, 2011

W.I.S.H.

Saturday, January 29, 2011 (8:06 a.m.)

Blessed Lord,

I like waking up thinking of You. Especially with wonders, ideas and songs. Following the ‘yellow brick road’ cadence, I immediately heard myself thinking “Wonders, ideas and songs, oh my!”

Putting an ‘h’ at the end and spelling out “wish” I wondered [again! J] what Your Word has to say about wishing.

Right then a completely different song came to mind. Wishin’ and hopin’ and thinkin’ and prayin’…

You DO want us to hope and pray. Those things I know. Speak to me this morning Lord about what You want me to know concerning wishes.

No sooner asked than done! For over an hour I’ve tried finding what You could possibly want me looking at and it wasn’t until I asked that I received! Thank You Lord!

1 Corinthians 7:39 and 2 Corinthians 10:17 both point to the same verse. “As the Scriptures (Jeremiah 9:24) say, “The person who wishes to boast should boast only of what the Lord has done.’”

Turning to Jeremiah, Lord, once again I get to read of the underlying hope that is found in this book. How I thank You for his continued faithfulness to You.

Reading primarily in the Contemporary English Version this morning I find myself clinging to Your every word. Especially the verse (24) cited above, as well as the one immediately preceding it. “The Lord says: Don’t brag about your wisdom or strength or wealth. If you feel you must brag, then have enough sense to brag about worshiping me, the Lord. What I like best is showing kindness, justice, and mercy to everyone on earth.”

Oh most dear and blessed Lord that is indeed my W.I.S.H., my prayer, this day! Let me worship You in all Your glory!

The New Living Translation presents this verse thusly, “But those who wish to boast should boast in this alone: that they truly know me and understand that I am the Lord who demonstrates unfailing love and who brings justice and righteousness to the earth, and that I delight in these things. I, the Lord, have spoken!”

Thank You for speaking Lord! To Your prophet. To Your people. To the generations to come. How I love You Lord and ask that I may truly know You. Thank You Lord. I love You. Amen.

(394 words ~ 10:16 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment