Tuesday, January 18, 2011

humble

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 (8:22 a.m.)

Good Morning Lord,

Am I looking for the word humble this morning? Or is it humility? Guide and direct me in what You want me to learn today Dearest Lord.

Mm. Yes. Humble it is! Especially as Peter wrote of it in his first letter to the Jewish Christians who were suffering persecution for their faith. Oh Your goodness Lord! Oh, Your great and glorious goodness.

Even as I sat here wondering which way You’d have me turn in Your Word, the song in the background of my mind grew louder into recognition. Open the eyes of my heart, Lord Open the eyes of my heart I want to see You I want to see You

Oh, most dear and blessed Lord To see You high and lifted up Shinin’ in the light of Your glory Pour out Your power and love As we sing holy, holy, holy Mm Lord, thank You for the opportunity to experience such an intense connection with You. My insides actually feel as though they’ve come alive with the excitement of learning something new from You.

Thank You Lord. Peter wanted Your followers to know that ‘suffering is a valuable part of life’, that Your way can be painful. He also taught that ‘nothing is hopeless with God’.

Blessed Lord this is where the AGOG comes in! There is hope on every single page here. I confess I too often bristle at the very thought of having to suffer for You. And I still can’t say that I am one who willingly accepts and embraces trials as the faith test (1Peter 1:7) that they are. Oh but Lord, when I read this letter once more I am again reminded of [and EXCITED by J] the hope and truth that lies within!

Peter has advice for wives and husbands (chapter 3) that indeed transformed our marriage more than seventeen years ago. He tells of hope for those who suffer (3:18-22) and calls us to love each other (4:7-11). His truthful words of encouragement (4:12-19) remind us that ‘hard times bring reward’. Oh most dear and blessed Lord, how I thank You for this holy reminder of the importance of “loving one another with tender hearts and humble minds” (3:8).

It’s all spelled out so perfectly here Dearest Lord. Make me a good student in learning how to truly be humble. I love You so very much Dearest Lord. Thank You. Amen.

(412 words ~ 9:24 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment