Wednesday, January 5, 2011

restless

Wednesday, January 5, 2011 (8:07 a.m.)

Sweetest Lord,

Thank You for a fairly restless night’s sleep. There were many starts and stops to it. One dream that I remember involved my mom and another had me insisting that a little girl who had drank too much alcohol with her grandmother at lunch drink water. Strange, but they help me know that I did sleep. Thank You Lord.

This is such a different approach for me Dearest Lord. Usually I whine and complain over the fact that the sleep was interrupted. This morning is different. I have found three verses in the Contemporary English Version of Your Word that all say the same thing. Psalm 42:5, 11, 43:5 all begin, “Why am I discouraged? Why am I restless? I trust You! And I will praise You again because You help me”. The last two verses add, “and You are my God.”

Lord, thank You. Thank You that the truth is that as much as You love me, there are still going to be times [like yesterday] when things all don’t go well and I become discouraged and restless. What a wonderful encouragement to be reminded here in these verses that not only will I trust You, but I will praise You again. Why? “Because You help me, and You are my God.”

You kept me calm in the middle of an upset yesterday. You gave me words to sing and things I could do. You even spoke to my heart when I was playing around with stubbornness. Thank You Lord.

I can do none of this life in You on my own. How blessed and fortunate I am that never will You leave me nor forsake me (Hebrews 13:5). Looking at this quote just a little bit more, I trace its origin to Joshua 1:5. Reading some of the verses that follow again I am reminded to “be strong and brave” (v. 6) “be strong and courageous and to obey (7). And then the big finish of verse nine.

“Yes, be bold and strong! Banish fear and doubt! For remember, the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” Even in a restless night’s sleep. Thank You Lord. Thank You that I can always count on You. I can always turn to You. Thank You Lord that ALWAYS “You are my God”! Thank You. How I love You. Amen.

(399 words ~ 9:03 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment