Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Lord's Prayer

Thursday, January 27, 2011 (7:35 a.m.)

Blessed Lord,

I love You. I had trouble getting back to sleep much earlier this morning and I started talking to You. The next thing I knew, it was 6:30. There were some really bizarre dreams where I wondered (and even asked You) if I was awake or not.

The two things I remember most before falling asleep again are: repeating the Lord’s Prayer and the emphasis on forgiveness.

(8:35 a.m.)

Lord God, how I love when these predawn encounters take me deeper into Your Word. Never do I remember looking into Your example of prayer (Matthew 6:9-13) as much as just now. How I thank You Lord.

Thank You that there is so much more here than just a group of set words to be mindlessly repeated as a selfish attempt of ‘getting out of jail free’. Lord, Your example is that of mindful devotion. Help me mirror that mindfulness.

Much earlier I asked You to work in, on and through me concerning forgiveness. I believe there is much to be forgiven. I think I have unknowingly carried around senseless, back (and spirit!) breaking bags of unforgiveness for years.

Lord, how I ask You to teach me to better forgive and be forgiving. You have provided far too much joy for me to squander it all in fruitless attempts of score keeping. And far worse, that of useless desires of score-settling.

Beloved God. “Our Father…” As I go into this day with the full intent of letting go of far more physical ‘stuff’ than I have been able to accomplish in my entire life, I ask that You go with me. Go before me to show me the way, behind me to encourage me, beside me to befriend me, above me to watch over me, and within me to give me peace.

I love You so incredibly much Dearest Lord. Thank You for Your love and Your help. Enable me to use it all well. I love You. Thank You. Amen.

(334 words ~ 9:13 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment