Monday, January 10, 2011

Lord, You are...

Sunday, January 9, 2011 (7:20 a.m.)

Lord,

You are more precious than silver. Lord, You are more costly than gold. Lord, You are more beautiful than diamonds, and nothing I desire compares with You Blessed Lord, I love waking up thinking and singing about You! Thank You for this pleasure and this wonderful opportunity.

I don’t even know what it was that helped direct my first thoughts to all the things You are, but I am grateful Lord. And with that, I am going to take a stretch here. I thought I was going to come out here and start listing all the things You are. You know? Like wonderful, marvelous, holy, worthy…

But here I am at Proverbs 3:13-26 reading about wisdom and common sense and I consider for the first time I can remember that Lord, You are wisdom! Verses 14-15, “Wisdom is worth more than silver; it makes you much richer than gold. Wisdom is more valuable than precious jewels; nothing compares with her.” That describes You Lord!

The more I read on this, the more there is to follow. “See the note at 1.2 and ‘Foolishness and wisdom’.” Going there, I am directed to chapter 8, “Wisdom’s Invitation To Find Life”

Monday, January 10, 2011 (7:18 a.m.)

As I flipped over to chapter 8 I realized I was not the only one to ever wonder if You could be described as Wisdom. But as I spent so much time reading the various thoughts and ideas surrounding the concept it was time to get dressed and ready to go.

There were farewells to make yesterday. Over coffee here at home and out at brunch. Biggest mistake I made in all of it Lord was not asking for safe travels for our son as he flew out of Southern California. This morning, Lord, that is exactly what I am asking!

Thank You Lord for Your emergency care and feeding of him as his layover turned into a night over when weather conditions in the South cancelled his second flight. As he makes his way to airports and planes today Lord this mom is asking for safe travels not only for him but others as well.

Looking at the reports of snow and sleet and driving rains Lord, I ask Your presence overall. I understand that to be a pretty broad and open-ended request. It reminds me very much of my childhood bedtime prayer, “And God bless Mama and Daddy and all the people in the whole wide world” but the truth is Lord I still don’t want to leave anything out.

Lord, You are able “to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us” (Ephesians 3:20). Lord, You ARE that power!

How I ask You Lord, as I did when leaving the airport yesterday and again in the late afternoon, keep knocking on the door of our son’s heart that he will trust You enough to invite You into being Lord of his life.

Lord, You are vital to each and every one of us. How I ask You to do exceedingly abundantly above all I ask or think. You are good. You are holy. You are righteous. And I love, worship and adore You. Help me live this day that others will see You in me. Thank You Lord. I love You. Amen.

(557 words ~ 8:03 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment