Monday, January 3, 2011

first

Monday, January 3, 2011 (7:38 a.m.)

Awesome God,

Thank You. The first conscious thoughts I had this morning, even before opening my eyes, were of You. There was an element of You in the dream that I no longer remember. And the song I was first aware of, although not quite correct, thereto concerned You.

I sang the song most on my mind and heart upon awakening this day without realizing I had changed one key word. On a stormy night, we sing His praises, Sing His praises loud and strong That’s when I remembered this was a camping song, for sitting ‘round the campfire as it blazes on a starry night!

Getting up and looking at the rest of the words, I saw that with just a little bit of tweaking the remainder of the song could fit rather nicely to the rain we had throughout the night.

Changing the word ‘crickets’ to ‘raindrops’ and we have Listen to the raindrops sing His praises, Sing His praises all night long. Squeakin’ out a tune with lilting phrases, We’ll join in their happy song I haven’t paid this close of attention to the words before Lord.

My Father made the universe And everything it holds; And every day before my eyes His handiwork unfolds What a wonderful, glorious truth!

Thank You Lord that while I can change words to songs to fit my own personal circumstances I am to “not add to or subtract from” Your commandments (Deuteronomy 12:32).

(10:13 a.m.)

Lord, I’ve been here with You all this time. Looking here and checking there to find the verses that say that we are to neither add to nor subtract from Your Word. Deuteronomy 4:2 and the one mentioned above are the closest I can find for now. How I ask You Lord to keep me in tune with You.

Many things are going to change. Words to songs, thoughts, feelings. But not You. You are “the same yesterday, today and forever” (Hebrews 13:8).

Thank You Lord. Thank You that You are good. You are holy. You are “gentle and humble of heart” (Matthew 11:29). Lord, these are the things I want to focus upon this year. Being more and more like You.

Gentle, here described as ‘strength under control’ and humble of heart ‘having a lowly estimate of one’s own importance’. Yes Lord. More than anything else, I want to become more and more like You. First and foremost, I want to be like You.

Thank You Lord. Thank You for this very extended time with You. I love You. Work in and through me I pray. Thank You. Amen.

(440 words ~ 10:32 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment