Friday, January 28, 2011

love

Friday, January 28, 2011 (2:34 a.m.)

Blessed Lord,

This is definitely an early morning wake-up call. I’m not at all sure what it’s about, but thank You! Thank You for loving me. Thank You for creating me. Thank You for creating me to love You in return.

Maybe that’s it. Do You want to teach me more about love today? That would be nice. Seems like a good day for it. I’m in! Let’s do this.

Really Lord? The book of Esther? Okay…

(7:17 a.m.)

Wow! Lord. You never cease to amaze me. NEVER have I looked to Esther to learn more about love. But don’t her words “If I perish, I perish” (4:16b) perfectly exemplify Yours of John 15:13? “Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his [in this case HER J] friends.”

This book is filled with intrigue. It reads like a modern day suspense story. A Persian king feeling disrespected by his queen. A minor official in his court who adopted his orphaned family member. A eunuch in charge of the young girls who might become queen. And Esther herself. Beautiful. Wise. Obedient. And ultimately willing to go to her death for the good of her people.

Yes Lord. Teach me to love as only You can. Sacrificially. Wholeheartedly. Well. On this day especially Lord, I ask that You would continue changing my heart, soul, mind and strength that I would love You as You so rightly deserve and others as myself (Mark 12:30-31). Thank You Lord. I love You. Amen.

(262 words ~ 8:29 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment