Wednesday, January 26, 2011

life

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 (6:49 a.m.)

Most Blessed Lord,

Thank You! Thank You for good sleep. Thank You for beautiful color in the sky. Thank You for hope and faith and love (1Corinthians 13:13). Thank You for Your Word. Thank You for Your life. Thank You for Your blood and Your body. Thank You for all You have for us to learn, to know, to believe and trust.

Lord. Today I seek to follow You. Teach me more about the life You want me to live. John 10:10 readily comes to mind. And while turning there I am led all over Your Word.

Lord God, so often I think it’s my own distraction that takes me away from my original intents. This morning however I do believe it is You. Looking to learn more about the abundant life You came to give (John 10:10) I was directed to read more about sheep and the separating of goats (Matthew 25:32). From here I went to an article that speaks of the importance of being born again and ends with trusting ourselves to You.

From there I followed the path to “Belief/Faith” and found myself all the way over to reading of Abram’s faith in Genesis 15:6. Lord, life in You is anything but dull! Thank You.

Thank You that along the way there was another article about love and a wonderful sentence that states, “Being loved by God is just a beginning.” It goes on to state how we are to share that love with others. Which is only possible because of You.

Now. Back to Abram. And an answer to something I posed to You yesterday about righteousness. “And Abram believed God; then God considered him righteous on account of his faith.” (TLB) Hmm. Glancing to the bottom of the page I read this about being righteous, “This is one of the most important verses in the Old Testament, Abram believed God, and God considered him righteous. In other words, it was Abram’s faith, not his works, that made him righteous before God.”

This little section goes on telling of the importance of trusting You more and our own works less. “We are powerless over the pressures of sin, but God will help us through the toughest temptations if we trust Him.” Oh Dearest Lord thank You for that!

But wait! There’s more. “He will count us righteous because of our trust in Him, not because we are perfect.” Oh most dear and blessed Lord, thank You for coming “so that everyone would have life, and have it in its fullest.” Let me live this life You’ve given me with great gusto and zeal Lord. Enable and empower me to be one that truly shares Your faith, hope and love with others. I love You so very much Dearest Lord. Thank You. Amen.

(472 words ~ 8:17 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment