Monday, January 17, 2011

greetings

Sunday, January 16, 2011 (8:04 a.m.)

Blessed Lord,

Hello. Good morning. I love You.

(9:39 a.m.)

Only You could take me from greeting You, to reading others’ greetings (Colossians 4:10-18) and finally to learning more about Onesimus’ return to Philemon.

There’s talk of the necessity of forgiveness and a runaway slave who stole from his master is now referred to as a faithful and much-loved brother (Col. 4:9). In Paul’s letter of appeal to Philemon on Onesimus’ behalf, he refers to him as his son (Phm 1:10).

Only You can change people and their hearts that much Dearest Lord. Just look at how You changed Saul of Tarsus into Your apostle Paul!

Monday, January 17, 2011 (7:28 a.m.)

Greetings Lord,

It’s another new and beautiful day. Thank You for the beauty and the greetings of yesterday. I was fully aware of them both.

The clarity and quality of the air was such that there was a vivid intensity of the mountains that surround us. Beautiful Lord. Absolutely, breathtakingly beautiful. Thank You Lord. Thank You for the opportunity to experience such beauty.

And then of course there were the greetings. Greetings of strangers, of loved ones and of very long time friends in the most unexpected places. Thank You God. Thank You for another chance to greet You. Warmly. Sincerely. Genuinely. Gratefully. Joyfully. The list goes on Dear Lord, as do You.

As I prepare to get started with things that we’d like to accomplish around here Lord, I ask that You would be in every single aspect of my doing today. There are lots of Christmas remnants that don’t necessarily need to be kept anymore. Help me in the decision factor.

As You continue working in me toward the ability of freely letting go of that which we don’t truly need, I ask You Lord to Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way! Thou art the Potter, I am the clay. Mold me and make me after Thy will, While I am waiting, yielded and still

I HAVE been pretty yielded and still lately, Lord. Today I’d like to be just as yielded, but perhaps a little more active. I love You Lord. I like the work You are doing in us. Help me do just a little bit more positive, productive work around here. Thank You Lord. I love You. Amen.

(394 words ~ 8:13 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment