Monday, February 1, 2010

glad

Monday, February 1, 2010 (5:46 a.m.)

Mm, Lord. I love You.

Thank You for some rest. Thank You from some struggle in getting that rest. And thank You for some grumbles along the way.

Mm. Yes Lord. I am in good company. Your Word is filled with people who grumbled. I am not alone.

So. Talk to me I ask. Already You have changed my prayer since awakening. The vein I was originally pursuing was that of feeling bad. And mad. And sad. You reminded me about being glad.

Before even getting up I got to sing (He has made me glad, He has made me glad, I will rejoice ‘cause He has made me glad, glad, glad♫) and be grateful for the change in my attitude. Thank You Lord.

You have indeed made me glad! Thank You that You provide the choice. Because of Your love for each of us I can remember and acknowledge, “This is the day that the Lord hath made. I will rejoice and be glad in it.” (Psalm 118:24)

I get to keep catching glimpses of You Lord. Tiny, little, momentary flashes of Your best for each of us.

It’s all so different than I had expected. Again I grumble at the thought of all I had expected and assumed through the years.

Oh. But all is NOT lost! Everywhere I look in Your Word (Psalms, Proverbs 1, 2Peter 1:1-7) I find another glimpse of Your goodness and grace.

Lord, thank You for loving us. Thank You for holding us to You, especially when we are grumbling rather than glad. Thank You for the change that takes place within each of us as we release what we thought we knew and wanted in order to hold tightly to what You offer.

Lord. Let me choose You this day. This day that You have made. That I would indeed rejoice and be glad!

I love You Lord. Thank You. Amen.

(326 words ~ 7:11 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment