Saturday, February 6, 2010

foremost

Saturday, February 6, 2010 (5:34 a.m.)

Fabulously Foremost Father,

“foremost – the most prominent in rank, importance, or position; before anything else in rank, importance, or position; in the first place; leading; principal; premier; prime; top; greatest; best; supreme; outstanding; most important…”

Loving Lord, again I thank You for the ways in which You guide and direct my thoughts and actions. Too many times I have ignored the promptings that I believe to have been from You. Thank You that Your nature does not allow You to just give up on any of us.

Waking up several hours ago, my mind started racing with thoughts of things to do. Thank You for interceding on my behalf and sending me the word foremost to use today. A word that even in that earliest morning hour I associated with milk J. Lord, I love that I get to smile with You. Thank You for that as well.

Thank You that just now as I was on my way to ‘send this one little email while I’m thinking of it’ I realized the temptation to check any I might have received, which could quite possibly distract me severely. Thank You Lord. Thank You that You know me so well.

Mm. Not only do You know me. You love me! Mm. Lord. Thank You for that! Thank You that You teach me about such things as love and hope and faith and trust and forgiveness. What a good and mighty God You are. Thank You!

How else would I be reading in Jeremiah 31 this morning about Your promise to rebuild Your land? Verse seven mentions the word ‘foremost’ in regards to Israel, the greatest of the nations. The rest of the chapter speaks details of Your care, Your promises, Your everlasting love and loving-kindness. Thank You Lord!

Oh most dear and fabulously foremost Father, it is YOU that makes my life worth living! You give me the opportunity to come before You to commune with You. [“commune with – share one’s intimate thoughts or feelings with, esp. when the exchange is on a spiritual level; feel in close spiritual contact with”]

Mm. Most blessed Lord. Foremost. You brought me to Jeremiah this morning. I am inspired by verse 33. “But this is the new contract I will make with them (Your people): I will inscribe my laws upon their hearts, so that they shall want to honor me; then they shall truly be my people and I will be their God.”

This in turn reminds me of the heart transplants You promise in Ezekiel. Verses 11:19 and 36:26 tell of You taking out stony hearts of sin and giving new obedient, tender hearts of love for You.

Mm. Lord. Thank You! The Life Recovery Bible introduction to the book of Jeremiah lists 15:16 as the ‘key verse’ of the book. “Your words are what sustain me; they are food to my hungry soul. They bring joy to my sorrowing heart and delight me. How proud I am to bear Your name, O Lord”.

Oh “hallelujah” to that! I love You Lord! Thank You. Amen.

(520 words ~ 6:46 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment