Wednesday, February 24, 2010

reminders

Wednesday, February 24, 2010 (4:40 a.m.)

Thanks Lord!

I didn’t want to get up yet. I grumbled all the way out here. “Under protest” best described my attitude. As soon as I opened Your Word, my heart started to change. Look! Here’s even a smile. Thank You Lord for reminders of Your best for us.

Blessed Lord, I love You. I confess that my focus all too often shifts over to that which is not eternal. I allow my thoughts, the time You’ve given me to be eaten away by worry.

Too many times I start out on my own. Caught up in self. Thank You Lord for continuing to call me back to You. Where I belong!

This morning I get to read reminders of Barnabas’ encouragements, Mark’s failures, Paul’s forgiveness. And I come away feeling hopeful. Our present day shortcomings are nothing new to You. Struggles, turmoil, out and out, flagrant disregard of instruction date back to Your beginning of time. And never have You left any of us alone in a pit of our own making.

Lord, thank You for the opportunity to read of the strengths and weaknesses, accomplishments and mistakes of some of Your loved ones. Acts 14:15b-17, “We (Paul and Barnabas) have come to bring you the Good News that you are invited to turn from the worship of these foolish things and to pray instead to the living God, who made heaven and earth and sea and everything in them. In bygone days He permitted the nations to go their own ways, but He never left Himself without a witness; there were always His reminders – the kind things He did such as sending you rain and good crops and giving you food and gladness.”

Mm. Food and gladness. Thank You Lord. Thank You for the reminders that You give. Thank You for the God that You are. Kind, loving, glorious... I love You Lord. Enable and empower me to serve You well this day. Thank You. Amen.

(335 words ~ 6:49 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment