Friday, February 5, 2010

miraculous

Friday, February 5, 2010 (5:15 a.m.)

Miraculous Lord,

miraculous: adjective – occurring through divine or supernatural intervention, or manifesting such power; highly improbable and extraordinary and bringing very welcome consequences

Yes. Miraculous. Miraculous Lord.

First Corinthians ten, verses three and four (NLT) describe the food and water provided to the Israelites in the wilderness (Exodus 16 and 17) as miraculous. The rock that traveled with them and provided the water was also called miraculous. And Christ.

You. Our Rock. Our Redeemer.

Other translations use the descriptive word ‘spiritual’ instead of ‘miraculous’. I look at all You are accomplishing in each of us around here and while I do acknowledge it as all being truly spiritual. It is nothing short of miraculous!

Lord. Thank You! Thank You for never getting so frustrated with our negativity and bad choices that You ever give up on us. Miraculous. Indeed!

Reading in The Bible Handbook of Your people’s journey in the desert it says, “Over and over, as Israel comes to a point of crisis, God meets her needs. But His gracious approach results in neither faith nor gratitude.”

Oh Your goodness Lord! That sounds so familiar! Sadly, I resemble that statement!

Only three days from the Red Sea (miracle!) the people grumbled. You provided. Thirty days later they muttered. Again, You delivered. And this time, they disobeyed!

I see myself here Lord. I need. You provide. I’m wowed. I forget. And the cycle begins again.

The grumbling of Your people escalated, almost to the point of stoning Moses (Exodus 17:1-4). There was no trust in You. Nor gratitude. No growth in character or holiness.

Thank You Lord for their example. Thank You for every time that I think or feel that I might just possibly be the worst of the worst, I get to be reminded of those who have gone before me. Right there, in the presence of Your miracles, they still didn’t get it.

Thank You that right here, in the presence of all You are doing in and for us, we get to keep recognizing You at work. From tiny glimpses to giant glarings, here You are getting the glory.

Thank You Lord. Thank You for being all You are and doing all You do. Miraculous. Truly miraculous! I love You Lord. Thank You. Amen.

(385 words ~ 7:31 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment