Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Lord

Wednesday, February 10, 2010 (7:12 a.m.)

Lord of my life,

Lord of my love. Lord of my all in all. I have no clear thoughts to bring to You this day. My mind wanders. My emotions change. You don’t. Thank You that You are constant. You are Lord. I look to You. I think of You. I wonder. And I am grateful.

Lord, thank You that I don’t have to pretend with You. Thank You that because of all You are, pretense would be completely lost on You. I have spent days reading Your Word. Picking up glimpses of things I’d never noticed before. And each time my heart quickens. My face softens. A smile breaks through both inside and out.

Lord. You are good. Kind. Merciful. Generous. Loving. Forgiving. All the things I want to be. Take me this day Lord. Take me and use me as You would.

I read Your warnings that not everyone who calls to You, “Lord, Lord” will enter the kingdom of heaven (Matthew 7:21) “But he who does the will of My Father in heaven.” Lord, work in me to make it so.

I tend to be so hard on myself. I lose sight of Your standard and superimpose my own unrealistic expectations for myself and others thinking it’s what You want from me. Teach me to not only know Your will, but to obey it as well.

Lord. I do love You. I long to follow after You. To be Yours with all of my heart, my soul, my mind and my strength. I get lazy. I try to take shortcuts. Thank You again that You never do.

You remain constant. Perfect. Unparalleled. Unprecedented. Unmatched. Lord. Lord of my life. Lord of my love. Lord of my all in all.

Thank You Lord. I love You. Amen.

(305 words ~ 8:08 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment