Monday, February 15, 2010

ascribe

Sunday, Valentine’s Day, February 14, 2010 (7:05 a.m.)

Mom’s Family Room

Wonderful Morning Wonder-filled God ~

Thank You Lord that I get to share my heart, my soul, my mind and my strength (Mark 12:30) with You. Yesterday I was honest with You again concerning hurts and fears and disappointments and You didn’t balk. You NEVER balk! ’Cause Thou alone art worthy (Revelation 4:11) Thou art worthy…

Most Dear and Blessed God, I love when You speak to me! Yesterday while driving, not too long after having poured my heart out to You again I started rehashing thoughts, events and You came along with the last few words of what turned out to be James 5:16. SOMETHING “of a righteous man availeth much.” Catching me up short, I had to ask myself if I consider myself righteous ~ “Well do ya, Punk?” J

With much thought and prayerful consideration I concurred that I ASPIRE to righteousness!

Lord, thank You for coming into my life ~ my heart, my soul, my mind, my strength that I would want to live it for You. In You. Through You. With You.

I love You so very much. On this day of cupids and candies, roses and whatnots, teach us more of what REAL love truly is. Your love poured out for us on the cross. (At least this holiday has the RED right!)

Your love, spelled out for each of us in 1 Corinthians 13:4-8a as ‘patient and kind, without envy, not boastful nor proud, rude, self-seeking nor easily angered, keeping no records of wrongs, nor delighting in evil but rejoicing with truth. Always protecting, trusting, hoping, persevering. Never failing.’

Lord, THAT’S the type of love I ascribe to! Your love that sings out to me in the early morning hours In time the Rockies may crumble, Gibraltar may tumble They’re only made of clay But OUR love is here to stay

The “SOMETHING” I was missing from James 5:16 is vital. “The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much”!

Lord, teach me to prayer effectively (in such a manner as to achieve a desired result) and fervently (having or displaying a passionate intensity)! It is to YOUR school of thought I ascribe!

I love You. Thank You. (Will You be my Valentine?) Amen.

(383 words ~ 8:00 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment