Wednesday, February 3, 2010

blessings

Tuesday, February 2, 2010 (5:00 a.m.)

Blessed God,

Good mornin’, Good mornin’! We slept the whole night through, Good mornin’ Good mornin’ to You.

Lord. You helped us last night. Well, not only last night. All day yesterday as a matter of fact.

Situations needed attention. Circumstances had to be discussed. And You were here in our midst.

Lord. Thank You. Thank You for loving each of us so much that You gave Your only Son that all who believe in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life (John 3:16).

Thank You for calling us to “Obedience and Understanding”. Thank You Lord that because You are such a God of peace (1Corinthians 14:33) there is a natural order to all things.

Father, I confess to so often attempting to jump ahead of where I am to the place I want to be.

(11:37 a.m.)

Lord, thank You for keeping me in check. Thank You for continuing to call me back to Second Peter one. Every single time I read it I notice something else I hadn’t seen before.

Today, in The Living Bible verses three and four I read, “For as you


Wednesday, February 3, 2010 (5:16 a.m.)

And then this morning, I continue reading, “know Him better, [oh Your goodness! How perfect is that! Know You better! Thank You!] He will give you, through His great power, everything you need for living a truly good life [Mm! Awesome!] He even shares His glory and His own goodness with us! [Thank You!] And by that same mighty power He has given us all the other rich and wonderful blessings He promised [thank You Lord!] for instance, the promise to save us from the lust and rottenness all around us, and to give us His own character.”

Lord, these truths are incredible! Wonderful. Marvelous. Glorious. Comforting. Trustworthy… Worthy. YOU are worthy! Wonderful…

Oh most Holy God, for close to twenty-eight years I have pursued a relationship with You, based on my own understanding. How I thank You for never changing. The bar of Your expectations never wavers. Your rules always stay the same. You always stay the same. Trustworthy. Dependable. Eternal. Wonderful…

Lord, how I thank You for every blessed moment You give to me to consider all that You are, all You provide. How I ask that You continue Your work in me. Making me more of the woman You created me to be. I love You so much Dearest Lord. Make me obedient to Your Word, Your will and Your way.

Even as I consider asking to be made worthy of Your blessings, I am immediately reminded that Thou art worthy… O Lord. To receive glory, glory and honor, glory and honor and power. For Thou hast created, Hast all things created Thou hast created all things. And for Thy pleasure they are created Thou art worthy, O Lord (Revelation 4:11).

Genesis 1:27 tells me that I am made in Your image. A presentation of this very truth in The Bible Handbook clearly states, “God’s words of evaluation show this is the culmination of creation. The days’ work is pronounced good: the work of making mankind is ‘very good’. It is this description of the origin of humanity that we must begin with if we are to realize who we really are.”

Oh Most Holy God, again I say thank You! Thank You for helping me start at the very beginning, a ‘very good’ place to start… Lord, keep me mindful of Your blessings this day. Aware. Accepting. Excited. Grateful. I love You Lord. I long to practice ‘learning to love’ and ‘experimenting with excellence’. All under Your guidance and lordship. Thank You for all You are doing in me, that You will truly be able to work through me. I love You. Amen.

(634 words ~ 7:21 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment