Sunday, January 31, 2010

plans

Sunday, January 31, 2010 (6:15 a.m.)

Mom’s Family Room

Most Blessed and Beloved God,

You are teaching me. I am learning. Slowly. Steadily. Some lessons easier than others.

Mm. Most Holy Lord. I sit. I look. I read Your Word. I think. I ponder. I wonder. I thank. Yes Lord. I thank You!

I was honest with You yesterday. I confessed my concerns and went out in Your strength. It was Your power that gave me the courage to put one foot in front of the other. Repeatedly.

Most Loving Father, thank You for Your hand upon our hearts. Thank You for knowing the plans Your have for us. “Plans for good and not for evil. Plans to give us a future and a hope.” (Jeremiah 29:11)

Oh Most Dear and Perfect Lord ~ I had so many plans yesterday. And by spending time alone with You in Your Word before attempting to implement any of them, You gave me the power, the strength, the courage and the wisdom to follow through when MY plans all started to fall apart.

Lord, I love You so much. Sometimes it seems so lame to just say that to You over and over again.

Oh but Lord ~ it is so true! Beginning in Your Word this morning, I turned to Proverbs 31 and was promptly reminded of all the things as a wife and mother that I am not! Oh yes ~ but THIS time I was keenly aware of the areas in which I have improved.

Thank You Lord! Thank You for opportunity to grow and change. Thank You for being able to hope and trust in You.

Again I read 2Peter 1:1-11. I see things differently than I have in the past. I notice the progress that is to be made by following each step as it was ordained. “Want more peace? Learn to know Him better” (v2).

Mm, yes Lord. Help me know You better!

Thinking again of plans ~ my plans, Your plans… I started flipping my way toward Jeremiah 29:11. Previous underlining and exclamation points caused me to stop short at chapter 18 to read “The People Refuse to Listen” and about “Giving Up Control”.

Lord, I confess how cunningly baffling my own plans for maneuvering through each and every day have once again turned back into my own feeble attempts to control their outcome. Thank You for reminding me yet again that YOU are the Potter ~ I am the clay! YOU are the One in charge. “In the beginning YOU created the heavens and the earth” (Genesis 1:1).

YOU are the One with the plans! YOU know what You are doing! Come into me this day I pray oh Lord that I would truly learn to know You better and better (2Peter 1:2). Thank You Lord. I love You. So much! Amen.

(477 words ~ 7:12 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment