Monday, February 15, 2010

standard

Monday, Presidents Day, February 15, 2010 (8:36 a.m.)

Blessed, Beloved Lord,

Mm. Thank You Lord. Over an hour of surfing the web and avoiding You, yet here I am. Thank You Lord.

Thank You for the call You have on our lives. Thank You that it’s with You I know I need and truly want to be.

Lord, You have so very many things to teach us about loving You, ourselves and each other well. Please begin!

Oh but You HAVE begun! All those eons ago (Genesis 1, 2) when You very first began creating the heavens and the earth. You knew exactly what You were doing. You knew what needed to come first and in precisely what order.

Lord, it’s us, and all of our ancestors that continue thinking that we know better. We have a quicker, faster way of getting things done. Sure. Our plans, our ideas haven’t worked out so well for us up ‘til now, but maybe if I just keep trying this in my own strength and power maybe, just maybe it’ll all work out for me this time. NOT!

(12:04 p.m.)

Lord, You are so good! Holy. Honorable. Righteous. Wonderful. Perfect. And GOOD!

Thank You Lord that all this time, even when I’m not consciously aware of it, I keep messing around with Your standard of doing things. If I think of something in a certain way, well it must be right because it makes perfect sense to me. Thank You Lord that in all my messing, I can’t alter Your standard!

You speak so often to my heart Lord. I’ve heard You many times through the years. I haven’t always recognized You, and even when I have, I haven’t always adhered to Your will or Your way. ‘No, no. I’ll figure it out. I’ll find my own way through the dark on my own thank You very much.’ You speak truth. And I play dumb. Or is it that I’m not even playing?

Lord, thank You for continuing to speak, to call out to me, to leave the ninety-nine to come after me (Matthew 18:12-13; Luke 15:4-7). Oh praise You Lord! Praise and thank You.

I get to keep coming back saying thank You! I get to look deeper into Your Word and see others just as lost and confused as myself getting another glimpse of Your grace and mercy! Praise You Lord!

You don’t lean, tip, waver or waffle. You remain faithful. Upright. Strong. Sturdy. And in the process, You set us right as well.

Lord, there is so much here for me today that there is NO WAY I can take it all in. And even in confessing that, I am musically reminded that God will make a way Where there seems to be no way He works in ways we cannot see He will make a way for me…

Oh most Holy God that You would be my guide Hold me closely to Your side With love and strength for each new day is such a beautiful truth.

Keep working in me I pray. Raising me to YOUR standard Lord. Quoting a devotion from Karen Burton Mains entitled “Women of Prayer” in regards to James 5:16, “We are coming of age. But are we coming to terms with our lack of spiritual depth and ability? It is we who must learn the meaning of forbearing. It is we who must develop the disciplines of spiritual perseverance, not shrinking back from growth but doing the will of God, having faith and keeping our souls. It is we who must become women of faith and prayer and obedience and service. It is we who must set a spiritual standard for the next generation. It is time for us all to grow up.”

Yes Lord! Grow me up. To YOUR standard! I love You so much. I need You in every single aspect of my life. Guide me. Direct me. Challenge and change me Lord. Grow me to Your standard. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(674 words ~ 1:18 pm.)

No comments:

Post a Comment