Thursday, February 18, 2010

change

Thursday, February 18, 2010 (5:53 a.m.)

Blessed Lord,

Change. That’s the word I got from You first thing this morning. Change. And now I’m stuck. Am I to do the changing? Or allow You to do it in me? Either way things around here are going to be different. Change always makes things different.

Lord God, how I thank You for the changes You have been making in me all this time. My way of thinking has changed. My heart has changed. The peace I know to be from You allows me to freely embrace the changes, rather than fear them. Thank You Lord.

(7:47 a.m.)

Thank You for a willingness to embrace change Lord. Thank You that as I read Your Word, I am encouraged, delighted, excited to experience change. And the best thing of all is that the change comes from You. I make the choices. You make the changes.

Oh Most Blessed Lord, I keep getting distracted. My mind wanders. I find myself slipping over to ‘just looking up this one thing’ and the next thing I know, I’m in over my head of ‘new windows’ allowing me to open up even more ‘new messages’. While all along the message I am truly searching is Yours to me.

And where do I find that? In Your Word! NOT the internet!!!

Thank You Lord. Thank You that every single time I come back to Your Word this morning, I truly just want to snuggle up into You. You ~ the ULTIMATE (intimate) Comforter!

You know my thoughts before I think them, my decisions before I make them. Keep working in me oh most Precious God that I would make choices that glorify You. Choices that will lead to the changes that You want to make in me.

I started out with Romans 12:2 this morning. I’ve read it in four different translations and in each one I get more excited and convicted. Lord. You are so good! So caring. So perfect.

Thank You that we get to experience life in You. Thank You that because of Your life, we are also able to love as You would have us love.

You amaze me Lord. You excite me. You make me want to serve and to please You. In turning to Romans 12 in the Psalty Bible, my eyes fell upon Heart to Change the World The song asks, “How will the people know (that Jesus loves them)? Unless we show them?” It’s taken from Romans 10:9-14 and relates back to Deuteronomy 30:13-14.

I search and scour and dig in to Your Word Lord. I nod my head. I agree wholeheartedly. And I ask You Lord to please make the preface to the song so in me! “With a heart of love we can reach out and see God do miracles. By God’s grace and in God’s strength we can change the world.”

Romans 12:2, where we very first started so much earlier this morning, “Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will know what God wants you to do, and you will know how good and pleasing and perfect His will really is.”

Mm. Yes. Lord. Make it so! I love You. Thank You. Amen.

(556 words ~ 8:33 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment