Thursday, February 25, 2010

extra

Thursday, February 25, 2010 (3:59 a.m.)

Mm. Blessed Lord,

Thank You Lord for extra time here with You this morning. I didn’t expect it. I hadn’t planned time with You until later. I like this idea much better. So far it’s not turning out as smoothly as other days with You, but still I smile and ask You Lord to lead and guide me to Your Truth this morning.

Two verses hit home with me especially. One is repeated twice in Proverbs (6:10, 24:33) and was me just a few hours ago asking for “A little extra sleep, a little more slumber, a little folding of the hands” and in both cases it leads to poverty. The other (1Corinthians 7:28) is in regards to marriage and the extra problems that come with it.

Lord, thank You that after thirty-three years (tomorrow) Terry and I are still together working through any of the extra problems we’ve encountered over the years. Why? Because of You Dear Lord!

Your love for each of us has allowed us to grow in our love for each other. Lord, how I thank You for this extra time to thank You for that love. Thank You for this opportunity to go away together to once again celebrate that love.

Oh and now comes an even bigger smile. The title for the seventh chapter of First Corinthians in my Life Recovery Bible is “Questions about Marriage”. Thank You Lord! Thank You for every single time we have been able to come before You with questions about ours.

Thank You for this little extra trip we get to take. Thank You for every single extra You so generously provide for us. Lord, I love You so much. Thank You just this extra little bit more than usual! I love You. Amen.

(302 words ~ 4:40 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment