Tuesday, February 23, 2010

mistakes

Tuesday, February 23, 2010 (6:59 a.m.)

Good Morning Lord,

And yes. I agree. The word for today HAS to be mistakes! I wasn’t even out of bed before I realized how many I had already made. And just now, interrupting time with You for a “quick” game of Sudoku? Bah! What another mistake!

Ah, but Lord. Can I please just thank You for the ease with which the smile came when I realized that I was merely following true with Your word for me today!

Smiling over a mistake. Who even knew that was possible? Especially after only yesterday sharing with the husband and godson about my long-term goal of finding my original, genuine smile ~ which has been missing from me most of my life. Yes Lord! What joy You bring into our lives!

Thank You Lord. Thank You that You call me to share my heart, my mind, my soul and my strength with You. Thank You that You don’t make mistakes. You leave that to us amateurs!

Oh most dear and trusted Lord. Two verses (Proverbs 14:29; Ecclesiastes 10:4) speak of mistakes made in anger and one (Isaiah 28:7) because of drunkenness. Thank You Lord that James (3:2) summed it up best by noting that “we ALL (my emphasis) make many mistakes”. I find great comfort in knowing that I am in such good company!

Lord, thank You that I have the opportunity to come before You each and everyday. Thank You for being able to speak freely to You and of You. Lord, I love You so very much and I genuinely ask You to help me today. I don’t want to keep making careless mistakes. Guide and direct my judgment. Help me choose wisely.

Today I have the huge undertaking of sorting through paperwork. Deciding what to keep and what to get rid of. Lord, You know all too well the problem I have in this area. I have no idea when it started, what its roots are or even what the issue with me, and all things paper, truly is. But I DO know that You are far greater than my biggest fear of making a mistake!

I lean into You here Lord. Asking You to manage my time and ability to get things done today. You are so good. I am prone to mistakes. I choose YOUR way rather than my own! “Lead on MacLord!” J

I love You! Thank You. Amen.

(406 words ~ 8:35 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment