Friday, February 12, 2010

effectively

Friday, February 12, 2010 (5:39 a.m.)

Most Beloved God,

It’s been a long time since I practically ran out here to say “Thank You God. That was cool!” But You know what? Thank You God! That was cool!

I don’t remember ever having dreamt of effectively sharing scripture before. I had even forgotten about the dream until after I had gotten up and wondered what to say to You this morning.

Here I have been again, operating under a spirit of fear. Waiting for circumstances to turn around. Working hard to effect positive change. Leaving messes in my wake.

Speak to me more please Lord. Clear some of these cobwebs I have taking up residency here in my heart and my mind and my soul. Jumpstart me back to the track on which You would have me follow.

I saw something happen here last night. In the midst of a discussion regarding responsibility and the transfer thereof, I noticed myself let go. I didn’t shut down, as is the norm for me when things reach a certain point. Nor did I stop caring, another ineffective defense I have acquired over the years.

No. Once again I took a long hard look at what was going on right here as it was happening and just decided that the strong chokehold I had been insisting upon was absolutely not working.

Lord. Thank You. This is all brand new territory for me. You’ve been showing me areas of my own stubbornness. You keep providing me with glimpses of Your greatness. Yet I continue withdrawing. Avoiding. Cowering. Fearing.

How cool it was that right there in my dream I would approach a very receptive young woman with her children and offer up to her 2 Timothy 1:7, “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.”

Continue Your work in each of us Lord. Help me see the truths You have for me. Not only see them Lord, but act upon them.

“The Lord’s servants must not quarrel but must be kind to everyone. They must be able to teach effectively and be patient with difficult people. They should gently teach those who oppose the truth. Perhaps God will change those people’s hearts, and they will believe the truth. Then they will come to their senses and escape from the Devil’s trap. For they have been held captive by him to do whatever he wants.” (2Timothy 2:24-26)

Mm. Yes Lord. Grow me. Challenge me. Provide every single thing I need to meet those challenges effectively. I love You so much Dear Lord. And thanks again God! This was cool! Amen.

(446 words ~ 7:12 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment