Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Provider

Ash Wednesday, February 17, 2010 (6:40 a.m.)

Awesome, Amazing God,

Thank You. You provide so perfectly. I confess that I don’t always think so. Too often I whine or fuss. Okay, yeah complaints happen far too many times as well. But overall, I KNOW that You are indeed an incredible Provider.

Oh yes. Most Beloved, Precious Lord, You do not hesitate to provide our every need. Even now, as I search Your Word, You provide. Direction. Truth. Promises. Hope.

Thank You Lord that on this particular Ash Wednesday, the first day of Lent 2010, once again I believe You are calling me to “give something up”. Having prayed and considered and wondered and thought I am convinced that that 'something' is excessive television viewing.

Following an article written about healthier habits, I do believe You are encouraging me to a two hour limit each day. How well I remember some of the Lenten ‘sacrifices’ I have had with You in the past and I thank You for what may very well turn out to be another opportunity for me to grow deeper in You.

Lord, thank You that in preparation for this time of great change, You would start me out with a verse regarding temptation. See what I mean about Your provision? J

1 Corinthians 10:13, “No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful (yes You are!); He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when (notice that doesn’t say ‘if’!) you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.”

Lord. Thank You! Thank You for calling me. Thank You for growing me. Thank You for providing every single thing I need to continue following You. I love You so very much Dear Lord. Most Awesome, Amazing, Perfect Provider. Thank You. Amen.

(314 words ~ 7:31 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment