Wednesday, February 1, 2023

TRUST

 Wednesday, February 1, 2023 (5:31 a.m.)

Blessed God,


Thank You. A new to me explanation of a song I’ve sung for years. A genuine, “Oh now I get it!” moment.


Thank You for the easy recognition of the song with which I awoke. ♪Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)♪


Blessed Father God, thank You for the many ways You speak and sing to us.


(6:23 a.m.)


Dearest God, as I sit here with You, distractions come along. Thank You that You ever so gently pull me back to Yourself.


TRUST is the word that keeps coming up these past many days. How perfect to be able to sing of it with You. Thank You.


I had no idea this song is about Peter’s experience of walking with You on the water (Matthew 14:28). It [Peter’s walk] began with obedience (v. 22). Followed by fear (24-26). Jesus’ reassuring words (27). Peter’s bold response (28). And the ultimate invitation, “Yes, come” (29).


♪You call me out upon the waters The great unknown where feet my fail And there I find You in the mystery In oceans deep My faith will stand And I will call upon Your name And keep my eyes above the waves♪


Oh, look! THAT word! “Above.” NOT “upon!”


♪When oceans rise My soul will rest in Your embrace For I am Yours and You are mine♪


Father God, thank You for singing me into learning. Again!


♪Your grace abounds in deepest waters Your sovereign hand Will be my guide Where feet may fail And fear surrounds me You’ve never failed And You won’t start now♪


Blessed Father, I am asking (Matthew 7:7) You to use this song in empowering me as You wish this day. Preparing me to fully TRUST You. Your will. Your way.


♪Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders Let me walk upon the waters Wherever You would call me Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander And my faith will be made stronger In the presence of my Saviour… Oh, Jesus, You’re my God! I will call upon Your name Keep my eyes above the waves My soul will rest in Your embrace I am Yours and You are mine♪


When all is said and done today I want to have kept my eyes on You. Without You having to say, “Your faith is small. Why did you doubt?” (Matthew 14:31).


Keep my eyes on You. Above the waves. Thank You for the song. And the lesson behind it. I love You Father. Use me to Your good and to You glory. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(444 words ~ 7:27 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment