Saturday, February 4, 2023

constancy

 Saturday, February 4, 2023 (5:24 a.m.)

Blessed God,


Thank You!

(5:37 a.m.)


There was sadness. And sleep. An odd dream. And music in my head. Thank You Father.


News of the unexpected, impending death of a little known cousin had my focus. The sadness of it continues intermittently.


Thank You Lord that You are constant.

(5:54 a.m.)

And just like that [snap!] another new to me word. Constancy!


How fortunate are we? We get to know You. Trust You. Love You. Be loved by You.

(6:09 a.m.)


Thank You Father for the opportunity of turning to You. Reading Your Word. Being reminded of Your quality and state of being dedicated, devoted, faithful, loyal, dependable, consistent, unchanging... All the things we are not.


Your Word speaks of Your constancy. Your dependability. Your love. Your plans. 


Searching the internet to read of others’ experiences with Your constancy I find so many examples from which to choose. Bible verses (Psalms, Isaiah, Hebrews) speak of Your unchanging nature.


Recognizing the sadness I feel as exactly that I give it to You Dear Lord. I don’t know what else to do with it. Not wanting to wallow in it, I realize it is always to You I want to turn. Allowing You to do exactly as You know is best. Without my questioning, doubting or complaints.


I’m grateful this morning for the music You have provided me. All reminding me that joy comes in the morning (Psalm 30:5).


The easy rhythm of ♪Cool Night♪ invites me to “come on over tonight.” I depend on Your rhythm Lord! I’m asking You to adjust mine to Yours.


Waking to the reminder that we ♪Ought to Be Having Fun♪ Putting our troubles on the run. Making someone happy will make us feel so glad. ♪Go out and love someone Be as free as you can be… The best things in life are free♪


This is not something I can do for myself. But YOU can!


I’m looking to You to set the rhythm of this day. Asking (Matthew 7:7) that You would keep me balanced with the joy that comes only from trusting You to be Lord of this day.


I love You God. I need, trust and want You. Do all that You must in using me as You know is best. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(401 words ~ 6:48 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment