Friday, February 3, 2023

fathom

 Friday, February 3, 2023 (5:10 a.m.)

Good morning Lord,


I love You. Let’s start with that. Yes.


You bless us in ways we can’t even fathom. 


And just like that I’m smiling. You shifted my thinking again. Thank You God. Praise You Father.


Fathom. Understand after much thought. Measure the depth of (water). The original sense was ‘something which embraces’, (plural) ‘the outstretched arms’; hence a unit of measurement based on the span of outstretched arms [there’s the smile again!], later standardized to six feet.


Father, thank You for teaching me things I previously have no knowledge of. Like why in the world is this morning’s musical phrase again ♪Here’s lookin at you kid♪? 


I confess to trying to change it. It wasn’t what I wanted. Or thought I needed. And for some reason it isn’t letting go. So… I’m giving it completely over to You. For whatever reason it’s haunting me, I’m going to let You toast me if that’s what You want.


Or could it be that You want to help me learn to “drink to the health of, salute, honor, pay tribute to, celebrate, recognize, compliment” myself? Now that’s something I’m willing to consider.


Holy God, You know better than anyone how brutal I can be with the expectations I place on myself. Thank You for drawing my attention over to the importance of loving You with all my heart, soul, mind and strength and my neighbor as myself (Mark 12:30-31). Thank You for this added reminder that You would have me be kinder, more gentle with thoughts of myself.


You can toast me anytime You want. And I will sing ♪Here’s lookin at YOU, God♪ right back to You. Thank You Father!


I may not be able to fathom Your works, but I can absolutely sing of them. Smiling. Staying my mind and standing on them.


Ecclesiastes 3:11. “He has made everything [even me] beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.”


Thank You for changing my attitude to one of gratitude this morning. Actually clinging to the words of Isaiah (40:12-17) written “to confront the people of Judah with their sin and denial and to inspire them to rebuild their lives” based on Your promises.


Yes! “Who can fathom the Spirit of the LORD, or instruct the LORD as His counselor?” (v.13).


Thank You God. You sing to me whatever it is You know I need to hear. And I will make every attempt to pay attention. Not avoid.


I love You Father. You DO know best! Use me today exactly as You wish. I need, trust and want You. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(466 words ~ 6:29 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment