Monday, February 27, 2023

Love!

 Monday, February 27, 2023 (6:46 a.m.)

I love You, God.

(7:03 a.m.)


Well this is completely unexpected! Love. Not only is it a noun. It’s also a verb. An adjective. And an interjection.


Holy God, You amaze me. Thank You.

(7:50 a.m.)


Just this one word. Love. Said rather casually at first. Takes on such depth when looking at it more carefully.


As a noun? Denotes a strong feeling of emotional attachment. A favorable inclination or enthusiasm for something. An intense attraction or profound likeability. Reverence for something or someone. The act or nature of showing care or kind regard. Fervor or tireless devotion. Great respect or warm approval. A treaty agreeing to peace.


That last one is completely new to me. Thank You Father. There is something new for me to learn. Every single day.

(8:03 a.m.)

Oh so many words of description. And that’s just as noun!


Father, thank You that we are called to love You with all of our hearts, souls, minds and strength (Mark 12:30). And our neighbors as ourselves (v. 31).


Thank You that You are willing to teach us to do exactly that. Day in. Day out.


I look to You Father. Seeking Your “help and forgiveness” in following the path You have for me. With “appropriate action” (Deuteronomy 6:5 The Life Recovery Bible comment) in cherishing and revering You, others and myself.


Do all You must in using me this day Dearest Dad. I love, need, trust and want You as Lord of my life. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(264 words ~ 8:17 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment