Saturday, June 29, 2019

unconfined joy


Saturday, June 29, 2019 (6:05 a.m.)
Holy, Holy God,

Thank You. Thank You that You have taught us to say, “Thank You.” Even when things aren’t exactly as we think we’d like them to be we can still choose to thank You. Thank You.
(6:25 a.m.)

I am here. Looking. Searching. Asking. Hoping. Yes Father. I have a new wonder. Will You speak with me this morning about “unconfined joy”? Joy unlimited. Mm, yes please.

It’s been almost a year since we first began this experiment with joyfulness. Thank You Father. Thank You for the opportunity to grow and be made more aware of joy. In You. With others.

Holy God, I love You. I love reading Your Word. And taking that Word to heart.

Thank You Blessed Lord for making me aware of the joy that underlies every smile that breaks through me. Whether it be my heart, my soul or my face. It’s when I smile that I am reminded of the joy You provide us.

This morning I am reading in Romans 12. With just a flip of the pages I’m over to “The Sharing of Christian Joy” found in Philippians. Father God, thank You for the ways You remind us of the unconfined joy we find in You.

Hallelujah Jesus! Yes. Hallelujah! “exclamation: God be praised (uttered in worship or as an expression of rejoicing)”.

Romans 12:12, “Be glad for all God is planning for you. Be patient in trouble, and always be prayerful.” Holy God, I was neither patient nor prayerful in a time of trouble last night. Continue Your work in me I pray.

This is set to be a fairly busy day. Unconfine the joy You have for me. I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(296 words ~ 8:06 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment