Friday, June 28, 2019

mindset


Friday, June 28, 2019 (6:35 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You.

I can feel grumpy and still find reasons to smile. Thank You for Your goodness. Thank You for Your grace.

Thank You that in this very moment I have the choice of grumbling or praising and I choose praise and thanks. Psalm 23 reminds me of the rest we have in You. Another reason to thank and praise. And smile.

Father, I love You. What a privilege to be able to say that. Freely. Thank You.

Thank You for Your reminders. Thank You for Your Truth. Thank You for new to me descriptions of this well known psalm. “David’s poetic praise to God  The Passion Translation.

Mm, Father. Bless You. Praise You. Thank You. You change my mindset. You do! “noun: the established set of attitudes held by someone”.

It’s true. I have long held beliefs. Of myself and others. Your Word, Your Truth, Your promises bring them in line with Your best for us. Thank You Father.

The Passion Translation begins with David referring to You as his best friend and shepherd. Acknowledging that he always has more than enough. Thank You Lord for the ways You help me put things into perspective.

Just by using different words to describe this psalm my thoughts go deeper than usual. Verse two, You offering a resting place in Your luxurious love. Your tracks taking David “to an oasis of peace, the quiet brook of bliss.”

Verse three tells us “That’s where He restores and revives my life.” Thank You Father. “… even when Your path takes me through the valley of deepest darkness, fear will never conquer me, for You already have!” (4a). Praise You Lord.

There are footnotes for all but verse six. Is it because it appears to be self explanatory?

“So why would I fear the future? For Your goodness and love pursue me all the days of my life. Then afterward, when my life is through, I’ll return to Your glorious presence to be forever with You!”

Yes Father. Thank You for Your goodness and love. Thank You for pursuing us all the days of our lives.

You provide our every need. And when we forget that You do what is necessary to remind us and change our mindset. Thank and praise You Father.

I love You. Use me this day exactly as You know is best. I trust You. I need You. And I thank You. Amen.
(412 words ~ 7:46 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment