Monday, June 24, 2019

incredible opportunity


Monday, June 24, 2019 (6:26 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You.

We have so many reasons to thank You. And right at this very moment I’m not thinking of a single one.

Coffee. Conversation. Beauty. Opportunity. Protection. Love. Opportunity. There it is again. Holy God, You provide us with so many “sets of circumstances that make it possible to do something.” Like praise You.

Yes. This morning I have the opportunity to thank and praise You. I get to take the time to search and read Your Word. Learn more of the opportunities You provide us.

Like sitting. And breathing deeply. Reflecting on Your goodness and Your grace. Longing to share the hope we find in You Dear Lord.

Right now I am reading in 1 Corinthians 16:5-9 and Colossians 4:5-6. I’m encouraged and buoyed [cause to become cheerful and confident; to rise to or remain at a high level] by Paul’s Final Instructions and Greetings to fellow believers.

Blessed Lord God, how I thank You for the opportunity [and privilege] of coming before You ♪Just As I Am, without one plea But that Thy blood was shed for me…♪ I sit. Settle in. And You sing to my soul. Thank You Father.

As I prepare to take Paul’s words with me out into the day, Blessed God I ask You to empower and embolden me in putting them into action. I read more about his letter to the Colossians and become even more excited.

According to The Life Recovery Bible, the purpose of this letter was “to show us that Christ is the only real source of power in our life.” Oh Amen, Dear Lord. Amen!

“Use your heads as you live and work among outsiders. Don’t miss a trick. Make the most of every opportunity. Be gracious in your speech. The goal is to bring out the best in others in a conversation, not put them down, not cut them out” (Colossians 4:5-6).

Yes please, Father! This is what I pray!

Now, back over to Paul’s letter to “the believers living in Corinth, encouraging them to resolve their problems and honor God.” Here (1Corinthians 16:9) he speaks of “a huge door of opportunity for good work” that had opened up there.

The Life Recovery Bible comment for 16:5-18 at the bottom of the page inspires me all the more. “Throughout this letter Paul encouraged the Corinthians in their recovery and spiritual growth. In closing Paul revealed his love and trust in them by making personal requests. There is always a balance between caring for the hurts and needs of others and being able to ask for what we need as well. Healthy relationships are characterized by this kind of balanced give-and-take.”

Healthy relationships. Balanced give-and-take. What incredible opportunity. In, with, by, through and for You! Yes please, Father. Sign me up for obedience to Your will and way throughout this day.

I love You. I long to serve You. Exactly as You know is best. Thank You for every, single opportunity to do good that You provide. Do all You must to this end. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(535 words ~ 7:32 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment