Sunday, June 16, 2019

Asking. Seeking. Knocking.


Tuesday, June 4, 2019 (6:55 a.m.)
Tahoe Vista, CA
Good Morning Lord,

I’m here. In person. Thoughts dart. Distractions are varied. I look to You Father. Asking You to intervene on my behalf.

Yes Father. I am asking. Seeking. Knocking (Matthew 7:7). Looking to You to guide me deep into Your Word. Leading me to where You would put my focus.
(8:29 a.m.)

I keep trying. Very much wanting to connect with You. Yet darting off again.

Father, I love You. Yep. There it is! I DO love You. Thoughts can take me off in so many different directions.

And then I find what it is I am seeking. Your perfect peace! Isaiah 26:3-4. “You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in You, whose thoughts are fixed on You! Trust in the LORD always, for the LORD GOD is the eternal Rock.”

“Eternal Rock” points me over to Matthew 7:24-25 where I was just earlier. “Building on a Solid Foundation Anyone who listens to my teaching and obeys me is wise, like a person who builds a house of solid rock. Though the rain comes in torrents and floodwaters rise and the winds beat against that house, it won’t collapse, because it is built on rock.”

Yes. Rock. Solid rock. Eternal Rock. Perfect peace.

The Life Recovery Bible’s comment for Isaiah 26:3 ends by reminding us, “… when we learn to work through the past and fix our thoughts on the Lord, we can receive His perfect peace.” Yes Father, I ask, seek and knock for Your perfect peace.

Thank You that we get to come before You. Distracted. Asking. Seeking. Knocking. And You provide. Guidance. Promises. Perfect peace.

Do all You must this day Blessed God. In, with, by, through and for us. We thank and praise You Lord. Use us. We love You. Thank You. Amen.

(320 words ~ 9:08 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment