Sunday, June 16, 2019

imbued ~ 5/31/19


Friday, May 31, 2019 (5:51 a.m.)
Mammoth Lakes, CA
Holy God,

Thank You!
(6:21 a.m.)
Yes Father. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You.

You provide us blessing after blessing. Beauty upon beauty. Just when we think we’ve enjoyed about all there is, wait… there’s more!

Friendly, helpful people. A gondola ride. Uninterrupted time to sit and watch others enjoy snow covered mountains. New to us places to fish. Rain. Hail. Thunder. All the while staying safe and warm. Thank You Father.

Thank You for the hopefulness involved with feeling better. And the desire to choose the things that truly lead to life (Deuteronomy 30:19).

Blessed God, I like when my thoughts lead me into Your Word. Today, like yesterday, I am reading of Moses’ Third Sermon: Chapters 29-30. A Call to Commitment (Illustrated Bible Handbook). Father, I love when it appears You are speaking directly to me.

Deuteronomy 29:19, “Let none of those who hear the warnings of this curse consider themselves immune, thinking, ‘I am safe, even though I am walking in my own stubborn way.’ This would lead to utter ruin!” (The Life Recovery Bible, NLT)

Holy God, I absolutely resemble that statement!

Thank You that when all is said and done, I long to be imbued [inspired or permeated with (a feeling or quality); saturated] with obedience to You. This is something I cannot manufacture on my own.

I look to You Blessed God. Asking Your blessing and keeping (Numbers 6:24). Your smile and gracious kindness (v. 25). Your favor and peace (26).

New Century Version Bible tells me, “To choose life is to love the LORD your God, obey Him and stay close to Him. He is your life, and He will let you live many years in the land, the land He promised to give your ancestors Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob” (Deuteronomy 30:20).

Mm, yes Father. I do choose life! In You. With You. By You. Through You. For You. Do all You must to make it so Dearest Lord. Thank You. I love You. I praise You. Amen.
(351 words ~ 7:30 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment