Sunday, June 16, 2019

change my focus


Thursday, June 6, 2019 (6:39 a.m.)
Tahoe Vista, CA

So… Here’s a different approach. Me coming to You with my own “truth” instead of Yours. Stick with me for a moment while I just spill it all out.

Oh, look! I changed my mind. Or did Your do that for me?

Thank You Father.

I was prepared to bring You a laundry list of “woes”. Circumstances over which I have no control and carry potential sadness with them. You reminded me of a pleasantness from yesterday. Remembering that one enjoyable lunch with family members led to other happy thoughts.

Thank You God. Yes. I can choose to be sad. Or I can allow You to change my focus. Thank You Father. Yes. Thank You.

I’m quite sure that pangs of sadness are going to hit me periodically the next few days. Thank You that I can choose to bring them to You. Or not.

My understanding of Matthew 6:6 in The Message appears to support my thinking. “Here’s what I want you to do: Find a quiet, secluded place so you won’t be tempted to role-play before God. Just be there as simply and honestly as you can manage. The focus will shift from you to God, and you will begin to sense His grace.”

Blessed God. Thank You. You changed my focus back to the things that truly matter. Your blessings. Your gifts. Your promises.

Yes. There is the possibility that some of my thoughts, my own “truth”, may evoke a sense of sadness deep in my core. You are so much bigger and better than all of my fleeting emotions.

Keep my focus on You blessed God. Leading. Guiding. Focusing me on Your best for each of us. You are good. We love and greatly appreciate You.

Guide and direct us this day Dear Lord. Thank You. We love You. Amen.

(320 words ~ 7:56 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment