Sunday, June 16, 2019

♪ Take Courage ♪


Wednesday, June 5, 2019 (6:14 a.m.)
Tahoe Vista, CA
Holy God,

Thank You! I just woke up singing. With a bit of a smile. Thank You God.

Thank You for the times during the night that my thoughts turn to You. Whether quizzically, hopefully, wonderingly, thankfully, I believe it’s musically I like the best.

When just beginning to become aware of my surroundings my thoughts often go hither and yon. Seemingly in various directions. All at the same time. Thank You for the ways You bring them back around to You.

Often with just a word: Courage. Or a series of phrases: “Fear not.” “Do not be afraid.” Many times it’s the songs singing themselves deep into my being that get me up and straight to You.

Thank You Father. This morning it was a song from our church service on Sunday. One that often follows [or is that leads?] me throughout the week. This morning it’s ♪Take Courage♪ Yes Father. Courage. Not being afraid.

I just noticed another smile. I’ve asked in the past that You would broaden my smile. Make it more real. Genuine. Easy. Ready. While rarely the case, I am often aware when it’s actually there. Thanks Dad.

Far better than relying solely on the song is when I follow the charge [“Take courage.”] straight back to Your Word. There I find examples of those who relied on Your power and strength to guide and protect them.

Moses’ encouragement to the people of Israel (Deuteronomy 31:1-6) and to their new leader Joshua (vs. 7-8). Your own command to Joshua (23). David’s reliance on You in his shepherding days (1 Samuel 17:37) and against the giant Goliath (vs. 32-51). All the way over to Daniel’s Vision of A Messenger (Daniel 10:18-19).

There are so many ways to say, “Take courage.” Be strong. Do not fear. Be not afraid. Fear not!

Again Dearest Dad, I look to You. Asking You to continue empowering me to truly ♪Take courage! The harvest is ripe Lift up your voice because Jesus is alive…♪ Yes please Father! Courage that You provide.

Thank You. I love You. Use me this day exactly as You know is best. Amen.

(370 words ~ 9:09 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment