Friday, June 21, 2019

satisfaction


Friday, June 21, 2019 (6:26 a.m.)
Blessed God,

I’m confessing to feeling a spot of disappointment.
(6:39 a.m.)
And here’s a smile to counter that feeling. Thank You God.

Thank You that again and again we have the choice. Life, or death? Good. Or bad. Positive. Negative. Always a choice. Thank You.

Thank You that as I searched the antonyms for disappointment the only word I found is satisfaction. Yes Father. Satisfaction.

Turning to Your Word I come to Psalm 119:57, “You are my satisfaction, Lord, and all that I need, so I’m determined to do everything You say.” Yes Father. You ARE my satisfaction! Thank You.

Thank You that one word can take me in so many directions. Other translations use the word “portion” to describe You. This often leads me to further investigation.

You as my portion. This Truth points me to Lamentation 3:24 (BRG), “The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in Him.”

Other versions say: “Inheritance,” “All I need,” “My God,” “All I have,” “Share,” “Mine,” “My lot in life,” “What I have left,” “Everything I will ever need.”

As I consider these phrases Dear Lord, my smile grows. The peace I feel deepens. Father I love You. And I thank You for turning my thought pattern. From negative to positive.

Back over to Psalms, The Life Recovery Bible’s comment says, “119:57-64 In recovery we are called to seek out God’s will for our life.The Bible should be the first place we look. Yet we must not merely listen to His Word and study His principles. We also need to take appropriate action once God’s will is known (see James 1:22-25)…”

Following this lead over to James, another smile!

Reading up at verse 19. “My dear brothers and sisters, be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry. Your anger can never make things right in God’s sight. So get rid of all the filth and evil in your lives, and humbly accept the message God has planted in your hearts, for it is strong enough to save your souls.”

And we aren’t just to accept Your message. No. Verse 22, “And remember, it is a message to obey, not just to listen to. If you don’t obey, you are only fooling yourself.” Thank You Father.

So here I am Blessed Lord, asking You to lead me into this day. Take all the plans I had previously made and align them according to Your will (or won’t as the case may be).

I love You Lord. And I trust You. Just as Your Word directs. Use me exactly as You know is best. Thank You Father for the satisfaction I find in You. Amen.
(466 words ~ 7:34 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment