Friday, June 28, 2019

sweet peace


Thursday, June 27, 2018 (5:43 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You. I love You. Rest. Sleep. Dreams. More rest. You have blessed us Father. With Your peace. Mm. Yes. Your peace. Thank You God.

(6:18 a.m.)
Mm, yes! Sweet peace. Your sweet peace! 

Where did that come from? Oh. Your Word, of course!

Holy God, I’m confessing to You right now the tendency I used to carry with me. Throughout everyday. Fear! Being afraid that if I got too comfortable, took Your peace for granted, it would suddenly be ripped away. “Like a thief in the night” (1Thessalonians 5:2).

And would you just look at that! Even this fear is covered in Your Word. We’re all going to one day be held accountable for our actions and our attitudes. “Let us who live in the light think clearly, protected by the body armor of faith and love, and wearing as our helmet the confidence of our salvation (v. 8).

Father, You have told us repeatedly, throughout Your Word not to be afraid. To trust You. Depend on Your promises. Should I choose to wait for the other shoe to drop or for a bottom to fall out I will miss out on the sweet everlasting peace You provide.

Thank You for righting my thinking. Thank You that I get to truly rest, even sing… ♪’Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus, Just to take Him at His Word, Just to rest upon His promise, Just to know: “Thus saith the Lord.”♪

Mm… Rest. Sweet rest.

“I am leaving you with a gift - peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give isn’t like the peace the world gives. So don’t be troubled or afraid” (John 14:27). Jesus’ promise to His disciples.

Peace in Your power and forgiveness. Peace in the presence of the Holy Spirit. Peace in Jesus.

“I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world” (John 16:33). Ah, thank You Jesus.

Thank you for Your promises. Thank You for Your peace. Your sweet, everlasting peace.

Use me this day. Exactly as You wish. I love You. Thank You. Amen.

(382 words ~ 7:17 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment