Monday, June 17, 2019

love and thanks


Monday, June 17, 2019 (6:21 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

We love You. Yes. We love and thank You.
(7:06 a.m.)

Yes Lord. We do love and thank You. Not always well. Never perfectly.

How I thank You Father for looking past the obvious. Seeing and knowing what all is underneath our behaviors and attitudes.

Mm, yes Father God. You are good. Holy. Worthy of all praise and glory.

Today I begin another experiment in healing. How appropriate that my declaration of love and thanksgiving would wind me around to “Psalm 107. A psalm of redemption [the action of saving or being saved from sin, error, or evil] - from wandering (4-9), prison (10-16), rebelliousness (17-22) and distress (23-32)” Illustrated Bible Handbook.

Would You just look at how closely I resemble this description! Whether behaving willfully or carelessly I fall into the need for redemption category. Who, better than YOU to lead the charge! Thank You Father.

The Life Recovery Bible comment for 107:10-20 begins, “When we reject God and His plan, we live in spiritual darkness; we are like prisoners in chains.” Yes. That would be me!

But Your Truth doesn’t end there.

Proceeding to the end of this particular Recovery Note, again I am so hopeful. “The psalmist’s announcement of punishment, however, should not leave us in despair; his comments end on a hopeful note. If we come to our senses and ask God for His deliverance, He will help us escape from bondage and heal us.”

Holy God, I love the ways You get our attention. Shifting our focus. And providing the resources we need to make necessary changes. Praise You Father.

As I continue reading through this psalm of thanks, I’m drawn again to another comment. “107:23-32 Sometimes we may feel that we are in a small ship plowing through stormy seas and about to go under.”

How often do I feel exactly this way?

“Bad memories and a sense of failure make our world seem dark and hopeless. The longer the storm rages, the more we fear and lose all hope of rescue.” Yes! I resemble this statement more often than I care to admit.

“But…” There are so many times that one word allows me more hope! Thanks Dad.

“But when we cry out to God in our trouble, He will turn our storm-tossed life into a calm and peaceful sea and restore our joy. We must turn to Him for help, follow His plan for healthy living and patiently await His deliverance.” Oh yes Father!

I read Your Truth. I hope. I want to know more. And most of all, I yearn to obey. Yes Father. Do all You must in making me obedient to Your leading.

I love You. Allow my childlike understanding (Matthew 11:25) to grow into what You would have it be. Thank You Father. You are so good.

Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(495 words ~ 8:20 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment