Wednesday, June 19, 2019

God's joy


Wednesday, June 19, 2019 (6:15 a.m.)
Blessed God,

Thank You for Your love. Thank You for Your patience. I don’t know about Your joy. Can we look into that this day?

Father, thank You for the joy of a healing arm we learned of yesterday. Yes, Father. Our joy is found in You.
(7:34 a.m.)

Looking. Searching. Reading. Attempting to learn more of Your joy. I am aware of the joy we have in You. It’s still Your joy I’m seeking to learn more about.
(10:27 a.m.)

And I’m back. Reading. Thinking. Seeking. Pondering. Considering. Cooking. Cleaning. A little bit of friendly neighborly yard mowing. All the while wondering about Your joy.

All that I have read this morning brings me back to Nehemiah 8:10. And here I confess, I don’t understand it any more now than I did earlier.

The people of Israel were told [by] “Ezra: Go back to your homes, and prepare a feast. Bring out the best food and drink you have, and welcome all to your table, especially those who have nothing. This day is special. It is sacred to our Lord. Do not grieve over your past mistakes. Let the Eternal’s own joy be your protection!”

That’s The Voice’s way of saying “… for the joy of the LORD is your strength.” Other variations use; “will make you strong”, while another refers to “our strength.

This point I get. Our strength comes from Your joy. Which brings me back to my original wonder. Your joy.

I count on it being there. I look over to the Benediction offered in Numbers (6:24-26) seeing the call for Your face to shine [smile] on those in attendance. In my head, that represents joy.

So while I believe I see evidences of Your joy, I maintain I don’t know much about it. And for now, I’m choosing to be okay with that.

You see? I love You Lord. I trust You. I believe You have Your best for us. And it is Your joy that is our protection. Our strength. It’s what makes us strong.

With that I will go into this day of making changes and meeting new people. Longing to share Your joy. Your love. Your Word. Your hope. Your promises. Thank You Blessed God.

I love You so much. Do all You must in making me obedient to Your call. Your voice. Your leading. Your best. Yes Father. Thank You for Your joy. I love You. Amen.
(416 words ~ 10:59 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment