Sunday, June 16, 2019

realistic


Friday, June 7, 2019 (7:27 a.m.)
Tahoe Vista, CA
Holy God,

Thank You.

A change of plans took place exactly as I was thinking about it. Deciding to stay back to take care of business rather than try to cram as much into one day as possible.

Imagine that. Me setting a limit as to what I can realistically accomplish. That’s You helping me see things in a much different light. Thanks Dad!

Yes. Thank You. You are teaching me to be realistic. “adjective - having or showing a sensible and practical idea of what can be achieved or expected”. Yes. Let’s try that this day, shall we?

Turning to Your Word, again I read “A Call to Generous Giving” (2 Corinthians 8-9). Blessed Father, You have SO very much to teach me here. Thank You for the opportunity of being a willing, albeit reluctant, learner.

Reading a Theology in Brief simply entitled “Giving” in Illustrated Bible Handbook, I am grateful and heart-filled. Thank You Father to again being reminded of the Truth that “We are God’s servants, and all we have belongs to the Lord. We merely hold it in trust for Him.”

As I contemplate this reality, I include time among the resources You provide. This morning especially I ask You to guide me in managing well our time this day.

Holy God, I love You SO much. I am incredibly grateful for all Your provide us. Empower and embolden me in becoming the generous giver You would have me be.

Yes Lord. Do all You must in teaching me to be realistic in all I think, say and do. I love You. I long to serve You. And I ask You to make it all so. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(302 words ~ 8:40 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment