Thursday, November 1, 2018

grace and sufficiency


Thursday, November 1, 2018 (6:00 a.m.)
Holy God,

Good morning. It’s set to be a fairly busy day. I’m looking to You for Your grace and sufficiency.

Mind You, I’m not exactly sure what that even means. And at the very same time I know it’s precisely what I need.

Thank You Father. Thank You for not only knowing, but better still, for meeting our every single need long before we are ever aware.

You are good Dear Lord. Perfect and good. Thank You.

There are lots of health issues taking place with us right now. Seasonal allergies? A bruised and puffy foot. Lower than usual energy. Nothing too severe. Just enough for me to finally [why has it taken me so long?] to ask You in to the healing of my body.

I’ve looked long and hard on the internet for when to see the doctor. Yet haven’t thought to come to the foot of The Great Physician (Luke 17:12-19; John 5:1-15). Thank You for reminding me of Your willingness and ability to heal.

Now back to grace and sufficiency. Reading John 1:14-18 in The Life Recovery Bible Your grace and truth are translated as “unfailing love and faithfulness” (v. 14). “Grace upon grace” is written “rich blessings… one gracious blessing after another” (16).

The comment for this section ends by stating, “Jesus Christ came to bring us God’s unfailing love and forgiveness and to reveal God’s faithfulness. God’s forgiving grace says, ‘I forgive you for your wrongs; I love and accept you freely for the person you are.’ His faithfulness says, 'I will follow through on all I have promised.’”

As I continue wondering what next to do about this current state of unhealthiness, I look fully to You. Asking. Seeking. Knocking. Believing. Trusting. Counting on Your grace being sufficient for me (2 Corinthians 12:9).

Grace Father, I love You. I need You. I thank You. Amen.

(329 words ~ 7:21 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment