Saturday, November 24, 2018

putting God first


Saturday, November 24, 2018 (5:34 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You! Loving. Kind. Helpful. Those are the words best describing the dreams I had last night. What a pleasant change from the night before. Thank You Father.

I’m not one that puts a lot of stock in our dreams. Or more precisely, in dream symbolism. Yet, I think back to Joseph and am impressed with his ability to interpret what was coming to light through them.

Here’s something I’ve not been aware, there are different kinds of dreams. Internal. Prophetic. Purging. And healing. I tend to wake up and just push them away.

This morning I’m here asking that You would make me aware of the things You would have me know. Like the importance of being loving. Kind. Helpful. Yes Father. Let that be my take away this morning.

Holy God, I love You. Thank You that I get to take the time to sit here with You. Wandering around Your Word. Looking here. Reading there. And knowing that we are to put our stock in You. Paying attention. Having faith. Trusting. Putting You first.

You spoke through the prophet Haggai to challenge the people of Jerusalem in completing the rebuilding of Your temple. They had returned to the Promised Land filled with hope and were soon discouraged.

Thank You Father. Thank You that we have such ready access to Your history. The RECOVERY THEMES for Haggai in The Life Recovery Bible break into three truths. God’s Plan Must Come First. We Will Face Obstacles. Recovery Requires Action.

Thank You for the reminder Father. Thank You for Your call to obedience.

The comment for 1:2-8 tells us that You called Your people to inventory their priorities. They had stopped rebuilding Your Temple when faced with opposition. How often do I do that?

Further into the comment, I see myself again. “Their actions had proven that they considered personal comfort more important than God.” I don’t mean to. When I’m honest, I know this describes me.

“When we put God in the backseat of our life, we become enslaved to other things… We must put God back in the driver’s seat. If we give God top priority in our life and seek to follow His will, no addiction is too great to overcome.”

Thank You Father. You speak to us in so many ways. Continue Your work in me that I will truly put You and Your will first. I love You. I long to worship and adore You as You so rightly deserve.

Lead me that I will follow. Speak that I will hear. And obey! I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(443 words ~ 7:47 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment