Sunday, November 18, 2018

authenticity


Sunday, November 18, 2018 (5:02 a.m.)
Awesome God,

Thank You that You are exactly that. Awesome! Thank You.

Thank You that You are teaching me what it is to be my own authentic self. You amaze me.

There are things I am drawn to. Like random numbers on a digital clock. 11:22 p.m. 4:56 a.m. Relatively silly little things to other people. But just plain fun for me. Thank You Father.

Thank You too for the song that sang loudest to me again this morning. Yep. There it was. Along with a wonder. And then a HUGE smile.

♪Oh, play me some mountain music, Like grandma and grandpa used to play♪ I remembered wondering the other morning why it was so insistent. So I came out here and checked. Then came the smile.

Thursday morning, the day I would see our grandchildren. This morning… gonna see our grandchildren again. Oh how I ask You most blessed and awesome God, let these little ones grow up to remember their grandparents with such fondness.

I have tears and chills as I consider the ways in which You speak to me. Seemingly so undirected. Yet when I take the time to really listen, there You are. Every time. Thank You God.

Thank You for Your call to authenticity. You know who You created me to be. I confess to hiding myself in plain sight. Often.

Thank You for reminding me again of who I am. Yours. Authentically Yours.

Hebrews 12 speaks of discipline. Your discipline that proves Your love. Illustrated Bible Handbook says that it is: loving (v. 6), a family matter (7,8), purposive (10) and effective (11). Thank You Father.

A devotion for verses 5-11 in The Life Recovery Bible, entitled Faith tells us “Recovery is a time of correction, a time of facing problems and character flaws and changing incorrect beliefs. There may be seasons when we do have to pay for our past. God will use these times to redirect our life toward something better. His correction isn’t arbitrary or abusive, but it is painful. Knowing that God’s discipline demonstrates His love for us can be comforting in the midst of our pain. It helps to remember that His love will allow only that which is for our ultimate good.”

Oh thank You Father!

The Passion Translation (Hebrews 12:8) says, “We all should welcome God’s discipline as the validation of authentic sonship. For if we have never once endured His correction it only proves we are strangers and not sons [and daughters” Common English Bible].

As one of Your daughters, again I thank You. For knowing me. Loving me. Trusting me. Believing in me. Disciplining me.

How I ask You to lead me in spending this time with our grandkids. Knowing them. Loving them. Trusting them. Believing in them. Disciplining them. That the day would come when they will both wholeheartedly sing ♪Oh play me some mountain music, Like grandma and grandpa used to play♪

Yes Father. Lead them [and us] in obedience to Your Word. And in love. Your authentic love. Thank You Father. We love You. Amen.

(519 words ~ 6:25 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment