Monday, November 12, 2018

call to prayer


Monday, November 12, 2018 (5:41 a.m.)
Blessed God,

I am confessing to You right now the guilt I feel for counting our blessings while wildfires burn out of control around us. Devastation. Loss. Sadness. How dare I count my blessings? But how do I not?

You are so good. Kind. Loving. Protective. Providing.

How I ask You on behalf of others Dearest God to ♪Remember Your people Remember Your children Remember Your promise oh God Your Grace Is Enough Your grace is enough♪ (Chris Tomlin). Oh how we all need Your mercy and grace Blessed Father.

Mm, yes Dear Father.

Yesterday I sat here very naively oblivious to the goings on in the world around us. Once I became aware, I stopped. Withdrew. Attempted to hide from horror. Forgive me. That is our call to prayer!

So I pick up now where I left off yesterday. Thanking You. Praising You. Counting our blessings.

Yes Father. Having turned to Johnson Oatman’s hymn ♪Count Your Blessings, name them one by one… see what God hath done♪ I was excited to read the referenced Bible verses. Thank You Blessed Father.

Psalm 40:5, “O LORD my God, You have done many miracles for us. Your plans for us are too numerous to list. If I tried to recite all Your wonderful deeds. I would never come to the end of them.” So true Dearest God.

Reading Psalm 107, I am reminded of Your goodness. And Your faithful love that endures forever. Yes Father.

Even as I read and reflect, again I ♪Give thanks to the Lord our God and King His love endures forever For He is good, He is above all things His love endures forever Sing praise, sing praise♪ (Chris Tomlin). Thank You Lord for the many reminders You give us to praise and thank You.

Spiritual Blessings How we praise God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we belong to Christ” (Ephesians 1:3). Here again I confess my tendency to focus on the things of this world.

And then Paul’s call to the Thessalonians, “Always be joyful. Keep on praying. No matter what happens, always be thankful, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus” (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18).

Teach me Father. Empower, embolden me in living the joyful, thankful life You would have me live. Counting my blessings. Naming them one by one.

I love You Father. Use me. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(427 words ~ 6:46 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment