Wednesday, November 14, 2018

"Thank You"

Wednesday, November 14, 2018 (5:24 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You. Again and again I start with “Thank You”. Why? Because I’ve been taught Your Word commands it (1 Chronicles 16:34; Psalm 100:5, 118:29, 136). It is the beginning of praise and worship. Right there I find myself thanking You again.

Yes Father. Thank You for Your Truth speakers and teachers. Thank You for Your Word. The writers of Your Old and New Testaments.

Thank You Lord for the modern and postmodern lyricists and songwriters. Just right now, as I’m taking in the beauty of an incredibly long lasting sunrise ♪Sing praise, sing praise♪ begins its chorus within me again.

♪Forever God is faithful Forever God is strong Forever God is with us Forever, Forever♪ And how does this memorable worship song begin? ♪Give thanks to the Lord our God and King His love endures forever For He is good, He is above all things His love endures forever♪

This is where I turn again to Your Word. Searching. Reading. Believing. Hoping. Yes.

Psalm 106 (107; 118):1, “Praise the LORD! Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good! His faithful love endures forever.”

1 Thessalonians 5:18, “No matter what happens, always be thankful, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.”

This is exactly why I practice saying, “Thank You” Blessed God. Truly it never fails to change my demeanor. Hmm… Here’s a very random thought ~ breaking up that particular word into its sounds, I hear “de-mean her”. And it does! Giving You thanks de-[un]means me! Thank You God!

Thank You Blessed God for again reminding me of the importance of giving You thanks. While at times it may appear to be quite habitual, it truly goes much deeper. ♪You set my feet to dancing You make my spirit sing♪ And it all begins with my heart felt, “Thank You.”

As I prepare to get on with this day Dearest Father, I ask You to go with, in and all around me. Be glorified in my thoughts, words and actions.

I love You. I long to serve You. And oh how I thank You. Yes Dad. Thank You. Amen.
(362 words ~ 7:04 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment