Tuesday, November 13, 2018

seeking wisdom


Tuesday, November 13, 2018 (6:44 a.m.)
Holy God,

I am asking You to show me where I may be behaving stubbornly. Yes Father. I look to You, seeking wisdom.

Mm, yes Blessed Father. Wisdom. Your wisdom. Not earthly wisdom. Your Word speaks of this as well.

I began my search with Reinhold Niebuhr’s famed Serenity Prayer. Asking You to give me “grace to accept with serenity the things that cannot be changed, Courage to change the things which should be changed, and the Wisdom to distinguish the one from the other. Living one day at a time, Enjoying one moment at a time, Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace, Taking, as Jesus did, This sinful world as it is, Not as I would have it, Trusting that You will make all things right, If I surrender to Your will, So that I may be reasonably happy in this life, And supremely happy with You forever in the next.”

His words sum it up so perfectly. Thank You Father. But I didn’t stop there. I searched Your Word as well. And stopped at James 3:13-18.

True Wisdom Comes from God If you are wise and understand God’s ways, live a life of steady goodness so that only good deeds will pour forth” (13a). Yes Father. Make it so!

The comment in The Life Recovery Bible tells us, “3:13-18 Wisdom is essential  to recovery. It must, however, be godly wisdom, not earthly wisdom. Earthly wisdom leads to selfishness and pride, invariably causing confusion and strife. True wisdom is based on the knowledge of God. It brings peace and leads to selfless living and faith that works; it never distinguishes between groups of people but treats everyone with respect and love…”

Oh most Blessed God, how I ask You to speak Your wisdom deep into my heart.

“But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure. It is also peace loving, gentle at all times, and willing to yield to others. It is full of mercy and good deeds. It shows no partiality and is always sincere” (v. 17).

Yes Father! Make me wise. Not stubborn. The Life Recovery Bible's Recovery Principal Devotional titled Wisdom ends with this Truth, “If our thoughts are still dominated by jealousy and selfishness, we need to ask God to replace our earthly wisdom with His Godly wisdom. We can trust Him to change our mind and our life.”

Yes God. Please. Guide and direct me in Your pure and perfect wisdom. I love You. I long to serve You. And I ask You, make me wise. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(441words ~ 8:07 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment