Friday, November 16, 2018

God first loved us


Friday, November 16, 2018 (4:59 a.m.)
Holy God,

How I love You! Thank You that You first loved us, that we in turn would come to love You. Thank You that I rarely ever know where we are going to go together until we get started.

Thank You that it just happened again… You first loved us.
(5:52 a.m.)

Oh most Holy God, I get to read of Your love for us. And rest hopefully in Your Truth. I breathe in a contented, peacefulness of Your Spirit. And I thank You. Thank You. Thank You.

Father, You are so good. So kind. So loving. “We love because He first loved us” (1 John 4:19).

Illustrated Bible Handbook tells us, “Love does not arise from man’s nature. Love is created in us by God’s work. God’s love does awaken love.”

But it doesn’t stop there. It goes further with the Truth of verse 20. “Thus anyone who claims to love God, but fails to love other believers, simply is not telling the truth. The love of Christians for God is expressed as love for one another!”

And this I ask of You Dearest Dad; empower, embolden and enable me in loving as You would have me love. Wholly. Without fear. Openly. Vulnerably. Trustingly. Honestly. Delightfully. Helpfully. Accountably. Responsibly (4:16-5:3 comment, The Life Recovery Bible).

Yes Lord. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(239 words ~ 6:31 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment