Friday, November 30, 2018

favorable


Monday, November 26, 2018 (7:11 a.m.)
Anchored off Santa Barbara, CA
Holy God,

Thank You. Another new experience. Uncomplicated packing. Relatively easy traffic and check-in. Ready boarding. Straight to the cabin. Flawless.

Hmm… In an otherwise complicated and flawed world how grateful we are to have a time of things going “right”. Champagne. Dancing on a balcony. Dinner for two. Lovely. Thank You Father.

Yes. Thank You for the blessings You provide us. Large and small. Opportunities to smile. Be friendly. Share. Care.

Thank You for the chance here to read of Your Old Testament people. The people of Judah who promised one thing and did another (Jeremiah 42).

Holy God, every time I am reminded of another’s disobedience I remember my own. Forgive me Father. For not listening. Not hearing. And especially for those times that I just flat out disobey.

Lord, You are so good. Let me join in Jeremiah’s conversation with You as he avowed, “Your words are what sustain me. They bring me great joy and are my heart’s delight, for I bear Your name, O LORD God Almighty!” (Jeremiah 15:16)

Make me so much more like Jeremiah in faithfulness, trust and obedience. And much less like those who begged him to pray to You for direction, promising to obey Your word “whether it is favorable or unfavorable” (Jeremiah 42:6) only to go their own way.

“But when the prophet tells them to remain, and not to fear, and especially warns them against a flight to Egypt, Jeremiah is accused of lying! Again God’s word is directly disobeyed and the frightened company heads south” (Illustrated Bible Handbook).

Oh, how we ask You to continue perfecting Your work in us that we would truly become Your obedient God-fearing people. Yes! If I am going to fear anything, let it be You. Fully esteeming and revering You as we go about this life You have provided us.

We love You so much Father. We long to seek to do Your will. Thank You for Your blessings and Your keepings. Use us well this day O Lord. Thank You. We love You. Amen.
(358 words ~ 8:30 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment