Friday, November 23, 2018

light in the darkness


Friday, November 23, 2018 (4:31 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

Wow! Thank You. You have clearly outdone Yourself. Again!

Two horrifying dreams. Each within four hours of one another. Beginning two hours after retiring. Scary. Terrifying. Detailed. Awful dreams.

Next came the decision. Get up. Bring it all to You. Then the light. Truly. A square patch of light on the hallway floor.

Because of other occasions such as this I knew to look for the moon. Expecting near fullness. Nope. Not this time. Completely full. As of the first dream.
(8:03 a.m.)

Most Holy God, how I truly thank You for Who and All You are! Thank You for extra rest. Thank You for the peace that comes from focusing on You, rather than circumstances.

Having been awakened with two separate, yet somehow connected starts I knew to not focus on the negative details. I had the absolute choice to replay and attempt to remember scary images. Or turn to You.

Yes! Thank You Father for the opportunity of turning to You. Of getting out of bed and seeing a patch of bright light in an otherwise darkened hall.

Light. Bright light!

Thank You Father that I get to read in Your Word of Your light. First in John. 1:3-5; 3:19-21; 8:12. Then over in 1 John 1:5-7. Comparing light and darkness.

A devotional in The Life Recovery Bible for John 3:18-21 is titled Friends of the Light. Thank You Father that it was from here I went over to read John 8:12. “Jesus said to the people, ‘I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won’t be stumbling through the darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life.’”

A comment for this verse led me to 1 John (1:5-7) with its own comment on light and darkness. Ending with this Truth, “Honest, accurate self-examination and personal inventory of our spiritual state are crucial. Choosing to live in the light - continually acknowledging our flaws as the light reveals them - results in a cleansed conscience and fulfilling relationships.”

Here again I thank You Father. Yes! Thank You for the scariest dreams I can ever remember having that led me straight to Your Light! Do all You must in genuinely making me Your friend.

Reveal my faults and failings that I will truly confess them and come into Your Light. I love You God. Thank You. Amen.
(418 words ~ 9:07 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment