Saturday, November 17, 2018

Your guest


Saturday, November 17, 2018 (4:45 a.m.)
Holy God,

Good early morning. Very early morning.

Thank You Father for the sleep that eventually came.

Thank You too for the words that followed. Father, how I love tracking thoughts and ideas back to Your Word.

This morning “eventually” led me to Psalm 39 (v. 3) and there I found “hope” (7). History. Your Truth. And love. Mercy. Grace. Repentance. Help.

All these things come together when we read and trust Your Word. Thank You Father.

Illustrated Bible Handbook describes this Psalm as “An expression of feelings of an individual under discipline.” Father, I long to be an individual under discipline. Rebellion never works for me.

Oh look. Verse 8 even speaks to that. “Rescue me from my rebellion, for even fools mock me when I rebel.”

Thank You Father. Thank You for the opportunity of spending time at Your feet. Here I ask You to speak Your Truth deeply within my being.

I long to live this day as You wish. “For I am Your guest - a traveler passing through, as my ancestors were before me” (v. 12b). Lord I am Your guest. You have afforded us opportunities. Blessings. Empower me in using them as You would have me. Well.

I love You Father. I am Your guest. Your daughter. Let me not fail to properly appreciate all You have provided.

Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(237 words ~ 5:55 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment