Friday, November 30, 2018

solitude and circumstances


Tuesday, November 27, 2018 (11:02 a.m.)
East facing balcony
“Crawling” toward Ensenada, MX
Holy God ~

Here I am again. Thanking You for Your blessings. What a privilege to sit. Pondering. Considering. Praising You for all You are. And thanking You for what You do.

Yes Father, thank You. Thank You for the opportunity of experiencing the JOY found right here in these particular circumstances.

A full day at sea. The ocean; calm, serene. The weather; sunny, warm. My disposition; much like the description above. Calm. Serene. Sunny. Warm. And filed with JOY!

Yes, Father. I asked You back in July to teach me more about JOY and You have. Thank You for the solitude and the circumstances that have led me to this very moment.

Truly grateful for all we have. All we’ve done. The love and respect between us. JOY! Yes. Joy.

I get to sit right here. Reading Your Word. Thanking and praising You as I go.

Right now I’m in Leviticus of all places. Chapter 9 The Priests Begin Their Work Sacrificial system instituted verse 24, “Fire blazed forth from the LORD’s presence and consumed the burnt offering and the fat on the altar. When the people saw all this, they shouted with joy and fell face down on the ground.”

Father I don’t know what it is to worship You like that. Yet I am so grateful to learn of it.

The Life Recovery Bible for 9:8-24 describes “the actual order in which various sacrifices were offered by an individual. The sin offering was first, showing the priority of confession and cleansing before God.” This was followed by the burnt or grain offering representing “the worshiper’s obedience in giving his or her life over to God.” Then there was “the peace offering [which] was an expression of gratitude for a continued walk with God.”

That’s where I am right now Dearest Lord. So incredibly grateful for this opportunity to be here with You.

As I finish reading this Life Recovery comment I see myself. Now filled with such hope and joy. “Similarly, our first step along the road to recovery from sin and failure must be the admission that we are hopeless on our own.” Yes Sir! Boy howdy, do I ever know this!

“The next step is the commitment of our life to God through Jesus Christ, our sacrifice.” I believe I still have so much more to offer You in this area. And I also am convinced that You are going to continue showing me exactly how.

Finally there is our “ongoing fellowship with God, accountability for sin, and spiritual growth.” Once more I invite You in to remodeling me as You know is best.

Change me into the woman who holds tightly to You, not things. Follows Jesus, not rules. The one who loves with complete abandon. And forgives freely and completely.

You are good Father. Empower and enable me in sharing Your goodness with others. Your love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against which there is no law” [RULE] (Galatians 5:22-23).

And here is just a whole and complete ‘nother teaching! “Freedom to Live Love; 5:13-26” (Illustrated Bible Handbook).

No comments:

Post a Comment